This lemon zested, garlic filled chicken is so incredibly flavorful and moist. Pair this with our warm chickpea, artichoke heart and capers mixture and you’ll have a sensual quick meal in minutes! Whipped this up tonight with what little I have in my cabinets seeing that I’ve been out of town!
What you’ll need:
4 Chicken Breats
2 large Garlic Cloves
1 Large Lemon
1 Can of Artichoke Hearts
1 Skinny bottle of Capers- almost drained
2 cans of Chickpeas
Let’s get to it!
1. Add a 2 tablespoons of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) to a pan and heat on high.
2. Sprinkle a good amount of salt and pepper onto the chicken.
3. Using a grater, “zest” your lemon onto the chicken. Also use the grater to grate the garlic into a paste and add to chicken.
4. Add chicken to pan to sear ONLY FOR COLOR.
5. In a pyrex, dump in the cans of chickpeas, artichoke hearts and capers- as many as you want- and add in chicken.
(Feel free to slice the chicken breasts into halves if they are too large)
6. Bake @ 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes and enjoy!
This chicken will make you water at the mouth just from smelling it! The citrus punch of the lemon along with the sensual garlic flavor will make you melt. The warm chickpeas and artichoke hearts add to the overall feel of comfort that this dish provides.
Great for a quick meal for you and great leftovers or even a great easy party meal!