This is the most perfect summer dish I have ever found. It is so light, satisfying and healthy! Made this with a friend and it was sooooo delicious.
Do realize though that this requires more ingredients than my usual recipes…
What you will need:
Extra-virgin olive oil (4 tbsp)
1 Medium red onion (chopped)
2 large garlic cloves (chopped)
Red pepper flakes (1 tspn)
Ground cumin (1 tspn)
Salt & Pepper
Honey (3 tbsp)
Chili powder (1 tspn)
Salmon filets (about 4, 6 ounce)
1 Red bell pepper (cored, seeded & chopped)
Corn (1 can or frozen bag)
1/2 cup of chicken stock or broth
Black beans (1 can, rinsed and drained)
Fresh cilantro (handful, chopped)
Baby spinach (6 cups)
2 limes (juiced)
WHEW. Okay, let’s get started!
1. Place a medium skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add in onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes and stir occasionally.
2. While that is cooking, place another medium skillet over medium-high heat with the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil.
3. In a separate dish, combine the juice of 1 lime, honey, chili powder, salt and pepper. (This will be the marinade for the salmon)
4. After coating the salmon in this mixture, add to hot skillet and cook until just cooked through. (4 minutes each side)
5. Jump back over to your first skillet with the onions and garlic and go ahead and add in the bell peppers, corn & chicken stock. Let that cook for about 3 minutes.
6. Add in black beans and cook until beans are heated through, then remove from heat and add juice from a second lime, chopped cilantro & spinach. Toss and wilt the spinach and then season to taste.
Serve the lime and honey glazed salmon over top of the warm black bean and corn salad and ta-da!!
Hope you enjoy!